Championships in the Discipline of Western Dressage!
The Western Dressage Association of Florida (WDAFL) incorporated as a Florida NonProfit in February 2013 and became an Affiliate of the Western Dressage Association of America (WDAA). WDAA incorporated in 2010 as a 501(c)3 organization. WDAFL is a 501(c)3 corporation under WDAA by the IRS (Group Exemption).
• WDAFL is a member-based organization whose mission is to build an equine community that combines the Western tradition with Classical Dressage. We honor the horse and value the partnership between horse and rider. Our goal is to provide a model of training and horsemanship which optimizes this partnership. One of our primary goals is that of education and we have led the country in this area.
• Members are from all parts of Florida – from the Panhandle down to Wellington and on both Coasts as well as in Central Florida. We are well spread out. We also have
members from Southern Georgia, as well as other states (seasonal participants). We are currently one of the top two largest Affiliates, if not the largest and our numbers are growing steadily. In Nov. 2013 we had 15 members and currently have approximately 100. (All of our members are required to be WDAA members as well.)
• Western Dressage is the fastest growing equestrian sport in Florida as well as other parts of the country.
• We have created a Sanctioned Instructor Program in partnership with Palm Partnership Training.
• We work with United States Dressage Federation’s Local Group Membership Organizations in Florida (13 around the State) to assist them in offering Western Dressage
Classes at their Schooling Shows. We also work with other Show Organizations around the State to encourage them to offer Western Dressage.
• The United States Equestrian Federation recognizes WDAA and Western Dressage as a sport and Florida was the first state to offer Sanctioned USEF Western Dressage Shows beginning in December 2014.