Tremblay and Lengel Lead NRHA Open Futurity Preliminaries following Second Section
The National Reining Horse Association Open Futurity preliminary round continued Friday, Nov. 25, with the second section of the first go. More than 130 horses walked through the gate of the Jim Norick Coliseum at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, but only one was able to match the 226 score marked by Abby Lengel and Bringnthaheat in the first section.
That team was Million Dollar Rider Dany Tremblay and Thee Assassin. The flashy roan stallion, owned by Show Stoppin Stables and nominated by Heritage Farms, is by NRHA Million Dollar Sire Shiners Voodoo Dr and out of Jerrys Sippin Soda.
Lengel and Bringnthaheat, by NRHA Million Dollar Sire Inferno Sixty Six out of Tackie Dreams. Lengel and her owned and nominated horse currently lead the race to win the American Paint Horse Association’s Open Futurity Chrome Cash Incentive, which is paid out following the first round.
The first round wraps up Saturday evening, and from there, the top 75 Level 4 Open contestants will advance to the L4 Open Semi-Finals sponsored by Not Ruf At All on Wednesday, Nov. 30. The top 75 in Levels 3 and 2, along with the top 50 in the L1, will vie for a Finals berth during the Semi-Finals round on Nov. 29.
hose advancing to the Open Finals will compete for the last time of the year on Dec. 3, where the Champion of the MS Diamonds L4 Open Finals will be presented a check for $350,000!
Current Level and Division leaders of the Open Futurity preliminaries are:
- Level 4 – Abby Lengel & Bringnthaheat – 226
- Level 4 – Dany Tremblay & Thee Assassin – 226
- Level 3 – Trent Harvey & Trashya Quik – 224
- Level 3 – Duane Latimer & Pale Whizkey – 224
- Level 3 & Level 2 – Adam Hendrickson & Swinginforthefences – 224
- Level 1 – Benjamin Gerst & Time To Be Trashy – 217.5
- Level 1 – Hannah McCullough & Aloha Sixty Six – 217.5
- Open Prime Time – Duane Latimer & Pale Whizkey – 225.5 (includes handicap)
- APHA Chrome Cash – Abby Lengel & Bringnthaheat
Complete results, as well as the latest news, updates, and draws, can be found at www.NRHAFuturity.com.