Endless Riding on 20 pristine Arizona desert acres, twenty minutes from town, including a major wash that goes for miles…
Two 10 acre parcels, with a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home on one, wells on both, and plenty of room for barn, paddock and pen on the other (close to the access road).
Ride your acreage, or explore major washes… http://endlessridingforsale-20acrestucson.weebly.com/
43964 E. Avenida Dois Gatos, near Tucson, AZ ~ see maps ~ located on 20 acres of beautiful, quiet desert in Southern Pinal County
- Custom-built house about 60 feet in length, cement floor, roughly 1,300 sq. ft. plus a deep, covered porch
- Large rooms, high ceilings (2 are vaulted)
- 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths
- AEK and all-electric heating/cooling system
- Sealed, post-tension slab concrete floor, no carpet
- Car port with back door access
- Metal frame, truss, roof, cabinetry, doors and windows ~ virtually no wood
- Set up with satellite TV (Dish Network) and satellite internet (12Mbps download, 3Mbps upload)
- Two working wells
- Beautiful scenery all around with gorgeous mountain landscape (see photos)
- Major washes provide virtually endless riding, good training for ponies
Acreage & Outlying Area
The 20 acres are divided into two parcels of 10 acres each, and there is a working well on each parcel. The house is located in the far NW corner of the parcel furthest away from the road, and undeveloped private land lies on the two adjoining sides.
The entire acreage is long and narrow with a very large wash on the southern end which runs into other washes. The house is not in a flood plain nor in any danger from flooding. Garbage is picked up weekly. There is a fire agreement with the nearest fire department. The house was built with virtually no combustible materials. There is a newly-leveled walking / bike trail across and around our part of the wash.
The nearest town, Catalina, is about 15 miles away — about a 25 minute drive — and has many stores and businesses. Oro Valley is a further 10 minute drive, and Tucson proper (the NW end of it) is another 10 minute drive from there. The nearest hospital is in Oro Valley, about a half-hour away.
The air is pristine. The house does not have “immediate” neighbors. The HVAC system has a large HEPA filter in place, and air purifiers have been used throughout the house since 2004 and are currently still in use in virtually every room.
There is virtually no wood in this house, except in the door jambs, around the lintel so the roof could be attached, and in two structural support beams (which are encased in metal). Because of this, and because the wall structure (Greenblock) is not food for termites or any other pest, the county did NOT require any pesticide under the concrete slab (which forms the floor). Diatomaceous Earth was placed under the slab anyway as a safety precaution. Click here for a detailed list of all materials used.
Here are important points about the house.
- All rooms are wheelchair accessible
- Land line; Verizon and Consumer Cellular cell phone services are available
- Central Vacuum (no dust)
- Water softener and triple water purification systems
- 40 gallon GE Hot Water Heater, new in 2012
- The floor is the concrete slab, colored deep red with minerals. No carpeting.
- The outside is Stucco, applied to the Greenblock by an “outsulation” product called Dryvit, a non-cementitious, water-based adhesive made specifically for that purpose.
- The wall structure is Greenblock, an ICF (Integrated Concrete Form) made from non-toxic expanded polystyrene filled with concrete and reinforced with rebar (see construction photos )
- The internal walls are formaldehyde-free US Gypsum drywall with formaldehyde-free insulation behind them.
- All paint is Zero VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Inside, the house is lovely and inviting (click here for photos)
- Master bedroom has a large walk-in closet, and an alcove with a 220V outlet for a Heavenly Heat-type sauna
- Click here for a detailed listing of all materials used
Steve Ross, M.A., L.M.F.T.(CA)
Mindful Counseling & Consulting
HC3 Box 1039 Tucson, AZ 85739 (520) 825-2009