WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship Returns to Morven Park International Equestrian Center October 21-24, 2021
Following a highly successful event in 2020, the WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship will return to Morven Park International Equestrian Center in Leesburg, Va., on October 21-24. A popular stop on the mid-Atlantic horse show circuit, the WIHS Regional Horse Show showcases riders in an exciting environment. This year, the show will feature three competition rings over four days and, following US Equestrian (USEF) and state COVID-19 guidelines, will allow for spectators as well as family and friends of exhibitors.
“I am thrilled that the WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship will return to Morven Park International Equestrian Center this year,” said WIHS President Victoria Lowell. “In addition to a wide range of hunter, jumper, and equitation classes, and highlights such as the Maryland Horse Shows Association (MHSA) Gittings Horsemanship Finals and the Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award, we look forward to hosting exhibitors and spectators alike and to celebrate competition and camaraderie.”
The WIHS Regional Horse Show is proud to host the USHJA Zone 3 Championship again this year on Sunday, October 24. Approximately the top 18 horses in each division, based on total USHJA points, will be invited to compete, and if invitations are not accepted, additional horses will be invited. Accepted riders will be listed on HorseShowing.com.
The WIHS Regional also serves as a qualifier for the WIHS Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships presented by MARS Equestrian™, which will be held at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) during the Washington International Horse Show running October 26-31, 2021. The overall champions in the Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper divisions will automatically qualify for the WIHS Children’s and Adult Championships at TIEC.
Resuming at the WIHS Regional Horse Show for 2021:
- MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals
- Following COVID-19 safety regulations and food and beverage protocols, complimentary exhibitor hospitality will be provided throughout the week and will include the return of the popular exhibitor pizza party
The WIHS Regional Horse Show will continue to include the following highlights:
- Four days of competition
- Virginia Horse Shows Association (VHSA) and MHSA equitation classes
- Children’s and Adult Hunters and Jumpers
- 3’3” Amateur-Owner Hunter Division at the USHJA Zone 3 Championship
- Expanded opportunities for jumpers
- 10th Annual Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award; nominations will open in September
- Grand Championships for Green Hunters, Children’s and Adult Hunters and Children’s Hunter Ponies
Stay tuned for the following updates:
- Complete prize list will be available, and entries will open, in August
- The official poster for the WIHS Regional Horse Show featuring original art from local artist Kelly Coffin
Vendor and Sponsorship Opportunities
In addition to the official WIHS and WIHS Regional merchandise that will be available for sale onsite, vendor opportunities for spaces of all sizes are available. Details can be found at https://www.wihs.org/vendors/
Sponsorships at varying levels are also available. To inquire about sponsorships for the WIHS Regional Horse Show, please email Lara McPherson at email@example.com.
Learn more about the WIHS Regional Horse Show and USHJA Zone 3 Championship at www.wihs.org/wihs-regional.
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events with competition for professionals, amateurs, juniors and children. Highlights include the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup and the WIHS Equitation Finals plus community and charity events. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. For more information, visit wihs.org.